Zscaler Blog Post – Zero Trust at a Glance
It is no surprise by now that the pandemic has pushed businesses of all kinds towards digital transformation. More than ever organizations are relying on digital services and the cloud in order to stay agile and competitive in a time where people can no longer go into the office. The result of these changes is that business is now happening everywhere – People are now more likely to get work done off the corporate network than on it.
With this in mind, traditional hub-and-smoke and castle-and-moat frameworks are no longer adequate – It is impossible to protect a perimeter that no longer exists. Offices and branches are connected by expensive MPLS WAN links to central data centers that typically require VPNs in order to gain access. By now we know that VPNs are expensive, slow and complex – It is clear that the cloud and mobile world requires a new approach to network security.
The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is a modern approach that enables fast, secure connections and allows your employees to work from anywhere. The Exchange runs across 150 data centers worldwide, ensuring that the service is close to your users and co-located with the providers and applications they are accessing. Simply put, it guarantees the shortest path between your users and their destinations, providing comprehensive security without compromising the user experience.
- Secure Work-From-Anywhere: Employees can safely and seamlessly work from anywhere without having to worry about the network or whether or not they need to turn on a VPN
- Ensure a Great User Experience: By enabling you to understand the experience of every employee for every application, zero trust allows you to consistently deliver a great user experience
- Prevent Cyberthreats: Enable full SSL decryption and cyberthreat protection, not just for users, but also for cloud workloads, servers, and SaaS applications
- Simplify User and Branch Connectivity: Transform legacy hub-and-spoke networks by allowing branches that rely no expensive MPLS links or VPNs… Enable secure connectivity over the internet to any destination, regardless of where the user is located
- Zero Attack Surface: Adversaries can’t attack what they can’t see, which is why the Zscaler architecture hides source identities by obfuscating their IP addresses. Because Zscaler removes an attack vector that traditional offerings expose, it helps prevent targeting
- Secure Cloud Connectivity: Workloads securely connect to other workloads using zero trust and machine learning instead of relying on extending a traditional site-to-site VPN
- Data Loss Prevention: Inspects your traffic inline, encrypted or not, and ensures your SaaS and public cloud applications are secure
Zscaler Enhanced by Stratejm
Stratejm is proud to say that we are an MSSP partner of Zscaler. Stratejm’s managed secure web gateway delivers a full security stack with all the in-depth protection you will ever need. Just point your office or user traffic to the Zscaler platform and it instantly begins stopping malware, advanced threats, phishing, browser exploits, malicious URLs, botnets, and more.
Contact us to find out how Zscaler can help you break free from traditional appliance models.